Having a role-based access that provides efficient accessibility and the right data to each employee is the 57th reason to go beyond Telecom Expense Management and manage your Enterprise Digital Footprint.
The more employees there are in an organization, the harder it is to determine who can access what and who should see what. That's when your company, and more specifically its information, is at risk of becoming chaotic.Change becomes necessary in order to reorganize everything. Having a software enabling a role-based access brings many benefits. Let’s have a look.
Grant access to your employees to their own TEM data
For a company that wants to be on top, or for those trying to stay there, it’s important to have a good game plan and to follow it. To that end, everyone in the company must know their role and their tasks. The company must also provide employees with relevant information and the right tools to complete their tasks. The trick here is to find the balance: not giving enough prevents you from moving forward, and giving too much can become counter-productive and crippling. Now, how about we try to apply this to technology expense management? What do you say?
No need to repeat it a thousand times, but the technology expenses of a company will only grow with time. According to Satista, the amount of money invested in IT across the world will increase from 1,995.7 billion to 2,328.1 billion dollars between 2015 and 2020. No matter your role in the company, there are devices and services attributed to you. However, it’s not always easy to visualize what you control and what you spend, or even how much it costs the company. With a TEM software featuring role-based access, well, you hit the jackpot. By the way, that’s exactly what Cimpl offers!
Why enable access to technology costs?
In a TEM software, predefined roles enables each employee to access the platform and access information and customized dashboards based on what they need to see. Role-based access also helps each employee to learn about In the context of TEM, these roles can be:
- Employee: each employee can see the technology assets and services attributed to them and their related costs and data usage. Employees can also take actions on the devices and services they use, as well as initiate certain processes to resolve problems and acquire new assets and services.
- Managers: Aside from being able to see their own information like other employees, a manager can see the financial information for every employee in the department. Managers will also receive approval requests through the automated MACD requests.
- MACD: MACDs are the employees that work the most on the platform. They can access the company’s entire financial and usage data, as well as being able to manage the inventory, MACD requests and workorders. On the platform, MACD are responsible for the inventory and for carrying out every requests and workorders.
- Administrator: administrators have access to everything on the platform and can perform every action. They are also responsible for the configuration options on the platform.
4 benefits of deploying a TEM software access for your employees
There are many other benefits of a role-based access. These include:
- Save Time: your employees have a direct access to the information they need, which reduces the time spent looking for information since they aren’t lost under tons of data. Also, having all of your employees on one platform enables you to automate certain steps of your ordering and approval processes.
- Save Money: By giving a level of visibility, notably to your employees and managers, they can see how much they cost to the company and adjust their habits, or even initiate changes themselves to optimize their technology usage costs.
- Create a culture of transparency: every member of the company has access to the information they need, and this information is the same for everybody. No one can hide or bury their heads in the sand, and everybody becomes accountable.
- Self-Service: Employees now have the ability to view their own assets and know about their associated costs. This greatly benefits their organization as well.
There, now you know everything about role-based access in technology expense management and how it can help your organization. You can get an overview of this concept by asking for a demo from our team at Cimpl. It’s quick, easy and efficient! If you have additional questions, contact us!
Written by: Charles-Olivier Payette