Outsourcing your telecom expense management (TEM) to save time and efficiently use your resources is the 14th reason to go beyond TEM and manage the Enterprise Digital Footprint.
Nowadays, IT departments in every organization are overwhelmed because pretty much all of what we do and how we work has to do with technology. Businesses’ perspective on technology is changing, evolving from a cost center to a strategic asset or even competitive advantage or differentiator.
With so much to do, manage, track, strategize, deploy, maintain, migrate, build and secure, how is it possible to help your IT team stay focused on the right tasks and projects? Outsourcing your TEM is one solution for you.
What We Actually Mean by Outsourcing
In the simplest terms, outsourcing means that a business hires someone outside the organization, or a whole other organization, to help them for a specific job, task or project. This job was maybe done internally before or not, but opting for outsourcing triggered by many different factors: changes in budget, bandwidth or resources limitations, complexity of task, changes in the vision or strategic route for the company, etc.
Outsourcing applies to a lot of different services, from website maintenance to production to financial management. It can also be applied to different levels, depending if the company wants to retain control of some aspects of the service.
How Outsourcing Applies in TEM
In TEM, the most common way of doing things is choosing a vendor that will offer both a platform and managed services. This means that aside from offering you a TEM platform, TEM vendors will use the platform on your behalf and manage your company’s telecom, mobility and technology environments.
More precisely, a vendor to which you outsource TEM will analyze invoices, flag potential savings, find unused services or assets, update your inventory, take care of all MACD requests and tasks, dispute billing errors, create and send the reports you need, and optimize your entire telecom, mobility or technology environment.
What advantages will outsourcing bring to your organization?
By taking all tasks related to TEM off your shoulders, outsourcing provides a lot of benefits.
- Specialized and Dedicated Management: by outsourcing your TEM, you put all related tasks into the hands of experts that manage telecom, mobility or technology assets and services for a living. They do that all day every day and can truly focus on those tasks, whereas most members of your IT team have bigger fish to fry.
- Save Time: you’ll reduce your team’s workload and therefore free up some time for them to re-allocate to other, more pressing or important projects, that are related to growing the company and not simply maintaining it.
- Save Money: outsourcing truly becomes an investment when you consider all the potential savings that can come from it. Your vendor will find saving opportunities through billing errors, billing discrepancies, service and asset re-allocation, more accurate contracts, etc.
- Optimize your telecom, mobility and technology environments: with specialized and dedicated management, not only will you save money and time, but over time your vendor will optimize your entire IT environment so technology becomes a strategic asset to your company.
- Peace of mind: one less thing to worry about! Specialized peoples have taken over.
No matter your size, outsourcing is a great way for you to make sure your telecom, mobility and technology environment stays well structured, accurate and optimized. Outsourcing also lets you focus on your own projects and vision. You only have to choose the right TEM vendor for you.