Boosting you company’s mobility is the 63rd reason to go beyond TEM and manage your Enterprise Digital Footprint.
Do you have a laptop? A mobile phone? Both? I’m sure you do. You and I live in an unprecedented age of technology, where speed and efficiency are the main reasons for innovation. Mobility becomes part of those innovations by integrating devices like wireless phones, tablets, computers and much more. Stick with me for a few minutes and I’ll show you why boosting your company’s mobility is at the heart of your company’s digital transformation.
What Do We Mean by Boosting Your Mobility?
Business mobility is a concept referencing the ability for employees to work from anywhere with the help of multiple mobile devices. Since 43 % of American workers work remotely, you can imagine how many businesses must bolster their mobility capability. It’s the practice of using mobile devices in the ultimate purpose of contributing to the company’s well-being. There’s two ways of doing it.
- The Employer Provides the Devices. These devices can be used for work, and during personal time with your employer’s consent, depending on your company’s policies.
- The BYOD (Bring Your Own Device). Employees can use their own devices for work and the company reimburses the cost or part of it.
The Challenges of Business Mobility
As for every innovation, business mobility has its own challenges. But I know you, and you won’t back down in the face of adversity! Here are a few to keep in mind:
- Usage Data: First, you need to be able to collect all the data for every mobile device, no matter its nature. The more devices there are, the more complicated it is to track all the data produced by them. Unfortunately, this leads more often than not to increased expenses, something no company wants.
- Contracts Reference: Second, we often notice that wireless phone contracts are not adapted to the needs and the usage that the company requires. You could face surcharges yet again.
- Compliance Policy: Also, if the company provides the devices, you have to be sure to keep usage compliant with the established norms and policies between the company and its employees.
The ideal solution to solve these scourges is to use a software that includes wireless expanse management (WEM), like we do at Cimpl. WEM is an integral part of technology expense management, and it grows more and more with companies experiencing a complete digital transformation.
Having a TEM software that allows you to manage your mobile assets and services will greatly help your company, and in fact, make your life easier. You can enjoy mobility without having to worry about the challenges caused by it. With this service, seeing what you pay, and what you can save, becomes easy. This brings visibility to the cost and usage of your devices, to better track them and to make sure everything is in order. Additionally, if your WEM platform offers you a self-service module, your employees using mobile devices for work will be able to see their own usage. It also promotes a culture of cost transparency in your organization. In short, a better vision of your organization can only be beneficial for you and your business.
The Benefits You’ll Get from Business Mobility
Of course, mobility doesn’t only bring challenges, it also brings benefits!
- Company Freedom and Flexibility: Obtaining more freedom is everyone’s wish, and once you get it, you are happy and satisfied. Having satisfied employees is critical to every organization’s well-being.
- Digital Transformation: Allows your employees to dive into your business’s digital transformation and to take part in it.
- Save Money: By tracking everything your company pays, you will be able to optimize the costs of your assets and services tied to your employees’ mobility.
Between you and me, it’s obvious that boosting your company’s mobility is necessary. Now you know a lot about it, from integration to its challenges, as well as its optimization and analysis. Take action on these advices!
Not sure where to start? Talk to one of our specialists here at Cimpl and we’ll discuss how mobility can help your business!
Written by: Charles-Olivier Payette