Scheduling your Telecom Expense reports to be sent out automatically on a regular basis is the 23rd reason to go beyond TEM and manage the Enterprise Digital Footprint.
Are you looking for new ways to accelerate the access to Telecom Reports? Tired of always having to log in a system to simply have a quick look at details? Let’s learn how it is possible to save time by accelerating access to the reports you need with a scheduler.
First things first: what is a scheduler?
The scheduler is a feature that is associated with reports and invoices and can be found in some telecom expense management platforms. The scheduler lets you decide what specific reports and invoices you’d like to send out automatically, to whom and when. The chosen recipients will receive the documents by email, where invoices will be available in PDF format, and reports in Excel format (for most of them, others can also be generated in PDF format). Knowing that a standard telecom reporting cycle is a 9.6 business days per month on average, you can easily see how automating the distribution of you reports can free up your time.
How does it work?
Let’s start with the reports. Your TEM vendor should offer you a ton of default reports, or maybe even the option to create your own (as we do at Cimpl, wink, wink). Either way, once your report is chosen or built, it is then time to schedule it.
The platform you choose should offer some basic scheduling options. You can decide who will receive the email and when they should receive it. It can be a report that you will only send to yourself, or it can be one that you send to many people. Recipients can be specific employees, providers, the finance department, whomever, YOU decide who is going to receive the report. Once this is done, you can now decide when they should receive it. It can be weekly or monthly, and you can settle a date when the report is no longer needed to be sent by email.
What are the benefits?
As you can see, using a report or invoice scheduler can facilitate your day-to-day life and unburden your workload. Here are some key benefits to note:
- Save Time: approximately 2 hours per month per report, because you no longer have prepare them manually and send them by email one by one.
- Save Money: no change request needed or managed services, you don’t need to ask your provider to hard code a script to send the reports to a list of people and pay every time you need to make a change. A configurable module gives you the flexibility you need at a fraction of the cost.
- Boost Productivity: You don’t have to do over and over the same tasks anymore. You can focus on other tasks to help your company grow.
- Notifications: You get the notifications right in your inbox so you can monitor the cost and inventory.
- Improve processes: By streamlining your reporting process, you ensure less errors and more efficiency.
- Create a culture of transparency: Everyone in the company has access to data relevant to them. End-users become aware of their usage and can change their behaviour to comply with company policies. Managers and upper level executives can keep track of how their departments or groups are trending.
With that many benefits, there’s something in it for everyone, from the finance executive to the IT manager to the business analyst.
A Customer’s Story
Before using the reports and invoices scheduler feature, a big governmental organization had to deal with a lot of manual work. In order to accurately chargeback IT costs to the appropriate departments, the IT team had to manually prepare reports on highlighting costs and usage data. Reporting was a cumbersome, repetitive and a manual process that had to be done often, but wasn’t automated nor scalable.
Now that they are using the report and user statement scheduler in Cimpl, everything is done automatically. Once the reports are built or chosen, they simply have to schedule them to be sent to specific recipients at a certain time. Same goes for the user statements, it provides end-users the visibility on usage and cost associated with the services assigned to their name. Plus, the documents are sent out overnight, so their network and servers are not overloaded during the day. This new found time can be now used to concentrate on bigger projects.
One of our users also praised the scheduling feature, saying it saved his vacation: even while being away from the office, all his reports where sent to his manager on time. End-users also kept on receiving their individual statements without interruption. This customer was also able to plan ahead and schedule the reports for his first week back from vacation, this ensured that when he returned from his much needed vacation that he would not be overwhelmed.
In Cimpl, the scheduling feature is easy to use, easy to configure and even makes it easy for you to save time and money! Just another reason to go beyond TEM.
If you want to learn more about Cimpl’s automated telecom report scheduler and how it can benefit your organization, don’t hesitate to contact us today!
Written by: Charles-Olivier Payette