Empowering end users via Self-service to reduce support calls and speed up your MACD processes is the 34th reason to go beyond TEM and manage your Enterprise Digital Footprint.
You are part of a company that is innovative and moving towards a complete digital transformation. However, your IT department is overloaded: inventory updates are a nightmare due to the exponential increasing in change requests for the purchase of new assets and IT services. There is a solution, but not every business is ready to take the next step.
We know for sure that if you’re reading this post, it’s because you’re ready to try something new. The key to your digital transformation? Employee empowerment.
What Do We Actually Mean by Empowerment?
When discussing TEM employee empowerment, we’re talking about involving ALL employees, not just those working in the IT department. Every employee using IT assets and services can be responsible for what they are using, and its costs. With the Self-Service module provided in your TEM platform, you can empower your employees to perform certain tasks on their own, without them having to contact the IT department or your TEM service provider. There are many types of task that your employees will be able to do such as reinitializing a password, cancelling a telephone contract, or renewing a subscription to an online software.
How Can You Make It Work?
The transition towards empowerment to every employee is not instantaneous. You have to start by making sure that the IT department and main TEM platform users are comfortable with your primary MACD requests and their processes through the platform. Your provider should offer you many automation opportunities via its TEM platform. These automated processes should be understood and mastered by the people executing the MACD tasks before allowing your employees to initiate these processes via self-service.
Make sure the TEM platform you choose is intuitive and user-friendly enough to increase the adoption of the tool among your workforce. Don’t forget that you will probably need initial and ongoing training, which your TEM vendor should provide through monthly trainings or even an online user guide, for example.
What are the Advantages?
This solution will be very beneficial not only for the IT department, but also every employee that has access to the self-service. Here are the key benefits that you can use in your presentation to recruit managers that will support your empowerment project:
- Autonomous: Employees will no longer need to submit change requests, they will be able to trigger changes themselves.
- Save Time: Since employees will initialize the MACD requests, which are recurring in nature, they will no longer need to send emails or call someone to make their requests. Everyone is more productive!
- Save Money: If an employee realizes that their assets and services are too expensive, they will be able to make a change request. The company will be able to reinvest in innovative projects the money they are saving.
- Processes enhancement: Since MACD requests are inputted, tracked and completed directly within the platform, everyone can see the status and progress of the requests.
- Employee satisfaction: Now that employees are given an important task and that they can see exactly what they technology they own, they can feel more confident and in control. This helps build a culture of transparency, where employees take responsibility for their usage.
- Culture of Cost Transparency: Now that employees are responsible for their own technology assets and services, they can better understand their usage and how much they cost the company. They can then adjust their usage behavior to help the company save more money.
- Maintain an accurate inventory: Since employees are responsible for their usage, they can easily and quickly define what they are not using and take action to cancel and reallocate unused assets and services.
As you’ve noticed, empowering end-users is a solution that offers positive results, including saving you money, saving you time and ensuring an accurate inventory.
If you’d to learn more about how we empowering end-users here at Cimpl, don’t hesitate to contact us today!
Written by: Charles-Olivier Payette