In this blog, we will talk about enterprise mobile phones. Fun fact. Did you know there are almost as many cell-phone subscriptions (6.8 billion) as there are people (seven billion) on this earth?
So many providers, rate plans, plan options, roaming, additional fees or incorrect bills. How do you really choose which plan is the good one for you? In small or large enterprises, mobile bills can add up quickly without you even knowing it, that’s what we call Bill Shock . Imagine having 1,000 or 5,000 employees. Your mobiles phones bills could be around two millions dollars. But why? Employees might need to travel outside the country and use roaming not in the usual mobile plan or you may have some zero usage services that you don’t even know about.
Here are 10 stats that will make you look at your mobile and telecom costs under a new lens:
- Enterprise mobile telecom spending will increase by about 6% from 2016 to 2020, pressuring IT budgets. [Gartner]
- Companies with 500 or more employees that are not adequately managing their mobile telecom expenses could be paying upward of 30% more than necessary for cellular voice and data services. [Gartner]
- Gartner estimates the annual service expenses of wireless voice, data and messaging can top $840 per user per year. [Gartner]
- Cellular service providers now offer standard corporate plans with unlimited domestic voice and messaging, but still cap monthly data usage via pooled allotments to each user. [Gartner]
- According to feedback from Gartner clients, some global companies are struggling with annual bills of $20 million or more per year just for roaming costs. [Gartner]
- Gartner estimates an approximate 20% error rate for telecommunications invoices. [Gartner]
- More than 3 billion people worldwide now use the internet (Time), and 80 percent of them access it from smartphones (Smart Insights). The average smartphone owner uses 2.9 GB of data every month (Time).
- The mobile industry generates $3.1 trillion in annual revenue — a whopping 4.2 percent of global GDP (App Annie). This figure will likely balloon to $3.7 trillion by 2020 (GSMA).
- By 2018, 8 in 10 email users will likely access their email accounts from their mobile devices (emailmonday).
- More than 50 percent of people immediately pick up and begin using their smartphones after they wake up (ExpressPigeon).
Wouldn’t you like to know who is costing you the most in your enterprise? There’s no reason to pay more for less. Get the optimize plan for every employee now. Track your employee digital trail. You could save money today, or just continue paying more. I’m not your personal IT specialist, but maybe you should share this article with him.
Hope this article was helpful! Feel free to contact us if you’d like more information about managing your enterprise digital footprint. We’re Cimpl, experts in technology expense management. Our signature SaaS product lets you comprehensively and simply manage all of your technology assets in one centralized platform.