*Please note that Etelesolv changed its company name to Cimpl in 2016.
- Decreasing heart disease risk factors in Canada by 10% by 2020
- Reducing Canadians’ rate of death from heart disease and stroke by 25% by 2020
The Big Bike day is important for all of us at Cimpl since it’s our way of honoring one of our colleagues who passed away in 2010 from heart disease. We embrace the Heart and Stroke Foundation’s mission to empower Canadians to prevent disease, save lives, and promote recovery. Funding research, raising awareness and knowledge on the diseases and ways to prevent them is in line with Cimpl’s long-standing commitment to our community.Help us help our community by sponsoring one of us on the Big Bike Ride!
In case you’re wondering, here are some of the important things that your donations would go toward:
- A $40 donation would be enough to teach an entire family how to save a life with CPR
- $100 in donations can be used to teach three classrooms of children the basics for heart-healthy living under the HeartSmart Kids program. It’s important to teach healthy lifestyles from an early age – this $100 investment goes a long way toward saving on medical costs down the road.
- Donations that eventually total $4,000 can place an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) in a public area such as a hockey arena or community centre. Don’t underestimate the value of an AED – when it’s publicly available (and paired with CPR), chances of surviving hear attacks improve by 75%!
The Big Bike event has brought a lot to Cimpl over these last few years. As a matter of fact, it is now a company tradition and is one of our great team bonding activities. It is also a great way to give back to our community. We have nothing but respect for the Heart and Stroke Foundation because of their role in improving Canadian health from sea to sea. The fact that the Big Bike event truly aligns with our core value of Fun & Family makes it a perfect fit for us.
(Take a look at how drenched we became last year in the short video below!)
On June 2nd, be on the lookout for a bunch of Cimpl employees on one big red bike! As with the last few times, we’ll spend a few quick minutes warming up and stretching first before going on the Big Bike for a big ride along Montreal’s West Island suburban roads. We’ll be spreading cheer and heart-health awareness around Pointe-Claire.
So, remember to sponsor us! And honk if you see us!