What does the Mobile Enterprise of the Future look like?
Are you ready to support a diverse mobile workforce? How mobile are your employees? Broadsoft released the results of their Broadsoft 2011 Mobile Enterprise of the Future Survey. The results revealed some very interesting statistics about the current mobile trends of the enterprise and where IT leaders think the future rests.
Here are some interesting statistics in preparation for the future ahead:
- 60% of IT leaders said at least 25% of their employees are mobile.
- 44% confirmed that at least 25% of their workforce operate solely using a mobile phone.
- Mobile Device supported in companies: 51% BlackBerry, 40% iPhone, 31% Android and 30% Tablets.
- 82% of leaders confirm that at least some of their employees are using mobile apps for communications and collaboration.
- Video conferencing is the top service that will need support on mobile devices over the next 3 years.
There is a growing need to support a wider range of mobile devices operating on different platforms. BlackBerry is still the leading device in large companies, while superphones are becoming widely used. With the thought that desk phones could eventually be replaced by mobile devices in the near future, IT leaders will see the number of devices they support continue to widen and grow.
The challenge is no longer only about supporting these devices but it comes down to managing who has what and who needs what. How do you keep track of who has a corporate mobile device or brought its own device ( BYOD – Bring your own Device) to connect to the company network and what mobile applications they require to stay productive?
A Telecom Expense and IT Management Solution is the way to go. Find out how Cimpl, the leading Canadian TEM Software, can help by requesting a Demo.