Telecom expense management is about so much more than just saving organizations money on wireless, landline and other telecom billings. Despite how seemingly simple it is to define, it is a world apart from being just an auditing service. What does proper management of telecom expenses truly mean? What services should be offered by a TEM provider?
What does proper management of telecom expenses truly mean?
Proper management comes not only through focusing on the present situation; it comes first through understanding past instances of success and failure. Then the process is pursued through preventing what caused failure while implementing what caused success, for consistent growth and stability in the future. Taking a step forward, proper management should involve looking above what is currently being used and should determine the most efficient actions for that company. If a TEM company does not take this complete approach, chances are they have never truly analyzed the meaning of expense management.
What services should be offered by a TEM provider?
Many companies today claim to manage expenses while in truth their approach is one-dimensional, they only offer billing audits. We believe that the key actions to implement proper and effective control of telecom assets and expenses should include:
- Audit: Still a major part of TEM, auditing identifies billing errors and corrects them, saving what could be a large amount of money.
- Track: Knowing the details concerning usage patterns to help identify which needs must be met when choosing the right carrier and plans. As well as identifying who has what and if the assets are still being used.
- Analyze: Analyzing current usage in order to find the best, most fitting carrier and plan available also saves time and money, and focuses on eliminating some of the issues from the previous carrier and choose the correct plan for the future.
- Plan: When it's crucial for an organization to make a change and switch carriers, plenty of time must go into negotiations regarding migrating to another carrier to ensure that the company can keep the same phone numbers and some similar services.
- Manage: It saves a significant amount of time and stress to have a TEM company contact and communicate with the carriers to address and resolve any issues.
When searching for a TEM provider, ensure that all these services are offered. Without one or more of these listed services, you'll not only be missing the opportunity the save more money- you could be missing the opportunity to go through the process with peace of mind. If you think you've found a great TEM provider, ask this question: how do they define telecom expense management?