It’s Valentine’s Day!
And while many (if not most) of you will be celebrating this day, many people remain clueless about the man behind this special celebration of love, Saint Valentine (Valentinus, for the Latin-speaking among you). Let’s go back in time and catch up on the history of this day.
To be fair, very little is genuinely known about him, outside of the fact that he was a third-century Roman saint who passed away on February 14, 269AD on the Via Flaminia (Road) near the Milvian Bridge in Rome. Everything else about him comes from a litany of differing historical and archaeological sources.
The common thread that runs through the stories is a sense that St. Valentine was a brave and caring soul whose love for others was so great that it extended not only to brethren, but even to those who would do him harm. Despite being jailed for providing succor to his fellow persecuted Christians, St. Valentine performed the miracle of restoring sight to his jailor’s blind daughter. The jailor, in his gratitude, freed all the many Christians he’d imprisoned.
We might just say that St. Valentine performed two miracles that day.
His gestures didn’t just impact his own life, he changed the people around him for the better. Like the avalanche that begins with a single pebble, St. Valentine’s single acts of compassion created progressively growing chains of charity. Through example, he showed the value of dedication, of motivation, of taking action that is true to one’s principles.
He showed that kindness begets greater kindness.
Cimpl core values
- Growth: We continuously seek opportunities for growth – not only for our company, but in our personal lives as well. We always seek to become ever more giving to our community and ever more charitable, and it shows in the charitable events in which we participate.
- Execute: We say it, we do it. Our word is our bond.
- Respect & Humility: In respect and humility we create the foundation for long-term truthful relationships critical to our own success.
- Fun & Family: Our company is like an extended family – we have fun together and have created a genuinely positive work atmosphere at all times. We know how to manage the employee lifecycle, and we do it. We encourage a work/life balance and camaraderie – we celebrate each other when times are good and help each other when times are bad.
- Customer Intimate: Our communication with everyone is honest and transparent. We believe in listening, learning and growing together so that all of us – ourselves and our customers – can achieve our greatest ambitions.
These core values have brought together a group of talented, genuinely compassionate individuals and spurred them to create the best asset and telecom expense management software in Canada – Cimpl. It’s these core values that make Cimpl one of the 50 Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada – people recognize that this company is a phenomenal place in which to work. And you know what? We’re hiring. If you would like to work in a place where everyone works with each other to enrich personal and professional growth while having fun, apply now for one of our many job openings! We’re looking to double our company size by year’s end; get in on the ground floor of one the most amazing companies in Canada!