Breaking news: US Government could save US$20.5 billion per year with PaaS.
According to the Mery Talk survey conducted on 153 federal IT executives, US government could use of the cloud computing to resolve its IT budget issues. The federal IT budget hole is mostly caused by care for legacy systems, which cost US$56 billion. The idea is to save money and at the same time boost software application development. That’s where platform-as-a-service (PaaS) comes in.
What’s stopping governments to take the cloud road?
Several barriers block the integration of PaaS, mainly the limited resources, existing contracts and security concerns.
- 41% of federal IT executives said that their applications are in need of "refreshments or replacement."
- 77% said that developing new applications are required to meet objectives
- 50% said that IT contracts restricts them from embracing PaaS. This matter leads to security issues.
- 37% admit using Shadow IT (information transmission applications) that it is out of CIO control and not certified compliant. It is a result of the IT contract restriction.
- 67% think that security is the biggest challenge to PaaS adoption.
The leadership resistance (41%) is also an obstacle to cloud computing transition mostly because of ignorance. Ironically, the adoption of PaaS would actually resolve these issues and even improve the IT government department.
Why is PaaS the right choice?
Most of the IT federal executives consider PaaS as the solution of all their budget and development problems. 95 % said that changing to a PaaS configuration would help to reduce costs and to improve security.
- 90% said it offers support in data center consolidation
- 73% helped their agency to take full advantage of big data
- 52% Reduced costs
- 42% Improved security
- 37% Automated IT maintenance
- 37% Increased mission ability
- 28% Increased innovation
- 28% Improved application reliability
- 20% Enabled to share cost/Implement charge back with pay per use.
With all these qualities, PaaS is a real gold mine for the entities because it allows it to reach its goal in terms of flexibility and growth.
The passage to PaaS is an obligatory step on the path to development. There are not many choices to secure IT structure and still be modern and effective. In fact, among the federal IT executives questioned, 93% are already taking advantages of PaaS or considering it and preserved security data while transitioning.
The better way to benefit fully from PaaS models is to prepare for it by deploying data security protocols and educating leadership.
Cimpl understands how IT budgets can be a challenge for organizations and companies. Cimpl is the remedy to budgetary and security issues that IT executives encounter. With one easy to use all-in-one dashboard for telecom and IT expenses, Cimpl reduces the pressure and helps you connect all your assets, clarify your data and control the use and its cost. With our software as service (SaaS) Cimpl, you will reduce your amount of work and life will be light as cloud.
For more information, visit our website or click below!
- How To Protect Your Data In A Mobile Environment?
- Big Data Experts on Demand and other 2013 Trends
- HTML5 - A Major Breakthrough For All