The future is at the door, please let it in!
HTML5 is the new web revolution that will improve and facilitate telecommunications management. Moreover, it brings technological as well as economic benefits that will simplify mobile technologies renewals at lower costs.
In place but not yet finalized, HTML5 has become the lead project of Google Inc. that stood out by no longer supporting Internet Explorer 7 in 2011 and IE8 last year. In other words, HTML5 steps into the future of the web through the front door.
What is HTML5?
In 2007, empowered by WHATWG (Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group), the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) has developed the HTML5 language data.
First HTML4 needed an update but mainly there were too many gaps to fill:
- The need to download plug-ins for video and animation effects
- Incompatibilities when transferring websites or applications from one platform to another
- Excessive costs for developers of developing applications
- The dependence of publishers to market places (Apple Store, Google Store)
- Mobile OS and Android as the main supplier of terminals applications on the market
Many highly anticipated technological advantages
The emphasis was put on mobility and independence to facilitate the creation of multimedia content, easy navigation and to improve application development. HTML5 code not only improves but goes far beyond HTML4 features that actually no longer followed or failed to respond to our needs:
- No more plug-ins!! (Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight…) for content images, videos, or drag and drop, and with them all parasites virus, search engines and toolbars. HTML5 does it all alone!
- The Web Semantic: structure, layout and language are harmonized aiming to facilitate content interpretation by web machines
- Language is specifically dedicated to improve the development of web applications compatible with all platforms and screens
- Transparency for users: HTML5 applications are published and activated by a PC or mobile web browser. Downloading is easy on any platform
- Time display is reducing
- SEO is improved
Mobile technology has exploded in recent years and have become essential in the business world. Companies’ applications have become a necessity to be competitive and follow the trends. HTML5 code is a game changing in this process by providing more flexibility. Indeed, the design of business applications becomes more profitable as they can be highly sophisticated and affordable.
Cimpl's telecom expense management software platform was designed with HTML5 in mind because beyond the update, it seemed essential to choose a more universal interface possible and enhance compatibility. The same applies to our Real - time Mobile by Cimpl application and meets our customers’ expectations. We want them to take back control of their assets from any device, on their smartphone or at the office at any given time.
For more information contact Cimpl here!